1. Review the interaction and communication needed between the HLA laboratory and other transplant professionals.
2. Provide basic overview of HLA, its function, and its role in transplantation
3. Discuss the three main tests done in the HLA laboratory and its importance in recipient and donor workups
4. Explain how to read and HLA report and how to use the information in risk determination and donor selection
5. Stress the importance of using all test results together when assessing compatibility.