NATCO is launching a new program, The NATCO Exchange. This program was developed in response to the donation and transplant community request to have a networking platform with colleagues who share the same interests and expertise. This is a new program designed to facilitate a networking opportunity in an “All Teach All Learn” environment.
The NATCO Exchange will provide quarterly sessions for members to meet virtually with colleagues in their own areas of practice to discuss challenges, new ideas, or share best practices.
The NATCO Exchange 2023 Schedule
(Time: 4:00PM ET)
Select your area of practice below to register.
Donor Management / Family Authorization
Breakouts: Donor Management / Family Authorization
- January 9th
- April 10, 2023
- Donor Management: What steps has your organization taken during the allocation phase to minimize organ non-utilization?
- Family Authorization:
- Question #1 - (NRP) Is your organization participating in NRP? If so, to what detail are you discussing NRP with donor families? At what point are you having these discussions? Are you obtaining formal authorization or disclosing?
- Question #2 - (Donor Recovery Units) Does your organization have a donor recovery unit or hospital-based donation facility? How are you getting families on board with the transfer? How do you navigate family opposition to transfer?
- July 10, 2023
- October 9, 2023
Breakouts: Kidney & Pancreas / Liver
- January 23rd
- April 24, 2023
- Kidney/Pancreas: How do you manage your waitlist?
- Liver: TBD
- July 24, 2023
- October 23, 2023
Breakouts: Heart / Lung
- February 13th
- May 8, 2023
- Lungs: With the change in the allocation system in March 2023 to now, has your program seen a change in what patients are receiving organ offers and then moving to transplant?
- Heart: TBD
- August 14, 2023
- November 6, 2023
- February 27, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- August 28, 2023
- November 20, 2023
Organ Recovery Services
Breakouts: Perfusion / Preservation & Allocation / Logistics
- March 13, 2023
- June 5, 2023
- September 11, 2023
- December 4, 2023
Breakouts: Adult / Pediatric
- March 27, 2023
- June 26, 2023
- September 25, 2023
- December 18, 2023
Come prepared for an open forum discussion with your colleagues regarding topics of interest pertaining to your area of practice. If you have a topic that you would like to discuss, please submit it to Karen Libs at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on The NATCO Exchange!
This program is offered complimentary to NATCO members.
Non-Members: NATCO Exchange Networking fee $100 annually (4 sessions)
Questions? Contact Karen Libs KarenL@natco1.org